'Done deal' on shocking £40 million sale to Liverpool as player nears departure - Flashfootballnews
Home » ‘Done deal’ on shocking £40 million sale to Liverpool as player nears departure
Fabinho

‘Done deal’ on shocking £40 million sale to Liverpool as player nears departure

In the past 24 hours, a number of Liverpool players have been mentioned in connection with transfers away from the team.

The most recent rumours out of Saudi Arabia claim that Fabinho’s rumored £40 million transfer from Liverpool to Al-Ittihad is a “done deal.”

The Saudi Pro League team made the Brazilian midfielder their surprise target on Thursday, with the Jeddah-based club reportedly contemplating a £40 million offer for the player.

Fabinho
Fabinho

According to the Saudi media outlet Neews Sports, the transfer has been finalized as Liverpool’s midfield continues to evolve in preparation for the 2023–24 Premier League season.

After their contracts expired at the end of the season, the Reds released James Milner, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlin, and Naby Keita.
As a result, Jurgen Klopp needed to acquire reinforcements because Alexis Mac Allister and Dominik Szoboszlai had already signed contracts with the team and were currently enrolled in preseason practice.
Fabinho, 29, signed a new long-term contract in August 2021, and that agreement is not scheduled to expire until August 2026, so his prospective departure would be unforeseen.

Fabinho
Fabinho

Since joining Liverpool in 2018, the Brazilian has competed 219 times. He formerly played at AS Monaco. He helped the Reds achieve success under Klopp by helping them win the Champions League, Premier League, UEFA Super Cup, Club World Cup, FA Cup, and Carabao Cup.

Nuno Esprito Santo, manager of Al-Ittihad, is reportedly interested in Fabinho after signing N’Golo Kante and ex-Real Madrid player Karim Benzema this summer.

Mohammed Salah
Mohammed Salah

Jordan Henderson has reportedly accepted a proposal from Al Ettifaq, a team controlled by Liverpool veteran Steven Gerrard, and has also been linked to a surprise move to Saudi Arabia. Even said, the deal still depends on a settlement between the teams.

Al Ettifaq does not have the same financial clout as Al-Ittihad, which is owned 75% by the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, which also holds an 80% share in Newcastle United. Liverpool has not yet received a formal bid for the club.
Roméo Lavia and Khéphren Thuram have been linked to the Reds this summer, but losing two senior midfielders could lead to even more action in the market before they face Chelsea to open the 2023–24 season.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

More Reading

Post navigation

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Jurgen Klopp plots a new transfer swoop after outbidding competitors to seal the deal

Against Brighton, who might save the Reds millions, Klopp could finally use a new LFC weapon, according to opinion

‘A lot of excitement’: Robbie Fowler says ‘amazing’ A target for Liverpool might have an impact akin to that of Virgil van Dijk’s.